Nationwide collaboration lead by Malaysian Dental Association (MDA) in collaboration with the Oral Health Division, Ministry of Health Malaysia (MOH); Dental Services of the Malaysian Armed Forces; Dental Dean's Council of Malaysia; Academy of Medicine Malaysia; College of Dental Specialists; Malaysian Dental Student's Association (MDSA), and supported by 3M Oral Care Malaysia. This campaign is characterised by the inclusiveness and community centred initiatives driven by diverse contributors.The objective was to carry WOHD 2020 throughout the year. The initiatives include:
1. Oral health screening at identified Project Perumahan Rakyat (PPR) – Peoples’ Housing Project
7th March 2020 – PPRT Sri Kiambang, Serendah by Oral Health Division, Selangor State Health Dept., MOH
Various activities and programmes were organized by the Hulu Selangor District to make the program a success including the line-up of Hulu Selangor Dental Icons (Ikon Gigi- iGG) and the Mobile Dental Bus as attraction for visitors. More than one hundred visitors have undergone dental check-up and dental treatment were rendered to those in need. In addition, activities such as colouring competition, interactive games, exhibitions, quizzes and singing songs were held to enliven the event.
2. Oral Health Promotion
- 4th March 2020- Radio interview IKIMfm: Jom Bersama Kita Jaga Gigi. Guest: Dr Doryalisa binti Zakaria (MOH)
- 5th March 2020 – Live TV telecast on Malaysia Hari Ini TV3: Pentingnya Menjaga Kebersihan Gigi dan Mulut. Guests: Dr Salleh bin Zakaria (MOH) and Dr Mas Suryalis binti Ahmad (MDA)
- 12th March 2020 – Live TV interview on Selamat Pagi Malaysia (TV1): Doktor dan Anda - Sambutan Hari Pergigian Sedunia 2020. Guest: Dr Doreyat bin Jemun (MOH) https://youtu.be/0j-0IdHYwp0
- 10th April 2020 - Facebook Live Program Kesihatan Pergigian KKM: COVID 19 dan Rawatan Pergigian. Guest: Dr Syed Iqbal bin Syed Husman (MOH) https://www.facebook.com/pergigiankkm/videos/2673746922840211/
3. Nationwide Photo Competition
Organised by the MDSA, the competition includes categories for participation from dental professionals as well as the non-dental community. Themed "Uniting for Mouth Health", the winners will be announced at a year end Dental Conference (MIDEC 2020).
4. Official WOHD 2020 Launch Video
MDSA has collaborated with various notable associations namely Malaysian Dental Association, Program Kesihatan Pergigian KKM, Dental Services of Malaysian Armed Forces, Dental Dean’s Council and 3M Oral Care Malaysia who have come together to share their messages on the theme of this year’s WOHD “Say Ahh, Unite for Mouth Health” and general advice to the public on the importance of looking after our oral health! The video also features activities that we have conducted for WOHD 2020 in Malaysia such as live interviews on TV1 and TV3, radio interviews, public dental screening which was conducted prior to the COVID 19 outbreak and not forgetting, the WOHD photography competition organised by MDSA.
5. WOHD Education Series: Webinar/ Ig Live
3M Oral Care Malaysia as supporters of WOHD 2020 had intiated a series of educational webinars and Instagram live sessions. Collaborating with MDA in obtaining Continuous Professional Development (CPD), these webinars were hosted by 3M Oral Care Malaysia's Sceinfitic Affairs & Education Manager, Dr Bryan John Paulose, who engaged various subject matter experts in the dental field to deliver educational content during the MCO (Movement Control Order) for Covid-19. All education content contributed was complimentary in support of WOHD 2020 and the ongoing fight against Covid-19. This initiative also enabled Dental Professionals to accumulate CPD points to renew their professional license from the comfort of their homes and in compliance of the MCO.